A total of 12 Wardah Fashion Award finalists (WFA) closed Jakarta Fashion Week by displaying their collections. The main winner of WFA gets many opportunities to develop himself as a real designer.
"This activity is the result of the initiative to provide support as novice fashion designers, especially to help develop their talents and educate about fashion business," said Chief Marketing Officer of Wardah, Salman Subakat, Saturday (28/10).
Fashion Collection 12 finalists Wardah Fashion Awards.
(Rieska Virdhani / JavaPos.com)
In this event, the 12 finalists who have been selected will show their works that have been prepared since one month before. The selected winners will also have a valuable opportunity to collaborate with one of Barli Asmara's design brands to be featured on the Zalora platform.
The finalists get mentoring from Barli Asmara, who also acts as a judge. In addition to Barli Asmara, there are 4 professionals in fashion and beauty who participated in the final of WFA 2017. They are Carolina Septerita (Head of Make Up Artists Wardah), Ai Syarif (Creative Advisor JFW 2018), Berlian Nandiasa (Buyer of Designers Zalora Indonesia), as well as the guest judge of Norma Hauri (fashion designer). "I see a lot of novice fashion designers popping up, but they can not grow because they do not get the right education and guidance on fashion design and business," Barli said.
New designers must have the right design knowledge for their target market. In addition, the young seed must also understand the fashion business from sales to how to penetrate the market. The winners are:
1. 1st Winner of Best Fashion Design Wardah Fashion Award 2017: Elsa (Jakarta)
2. 2nd Winner of Best Fashion Design Wardah Fashion Award 2017: Maghfira Maulani (Jakarta)
3. 3rd Winner of Best Fashion Design Wardah Fashion Award 2017: Jualliane Lieyanto (Surabaya)
4. 1st Runner Up Winner of Best Fashion Design Wardah Fashion Award 2017: Tria jatnika (Bandung)
5. 2nd Runner Up Winner of Best Fashion Design Wardah Award 2017: Dhiya Fajri (Jakarta)
6. Social Media Savvy of Best Fashion Design Wardah Fashion Award 2017: Regina Mustafa (Jakarta).
(ika / JPC)